Seven civilians evacuated from Sviatohirsk Lavra in the eastern region of Donetsk. in Ukraine. Among those evacuated is a family with three children and two elderly people, according to the intelligence service of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense. The youngest evacuee had been born in a monastery a few days earlier.
Ukraine’s armed forces advance “confidently” towards Kherson, said a Ukrainian military spokesman. Natalia Hemeniuk, the head of the press center of Operation Command South, “Speaking about what is happening directly towards Kherson, we will continue there. We may not be moving as fast as those presenting positive news would like, but trust me, these steps are very certain.”
Russian troops prepare for a new offensivethe Kiev Independent reports. According to Vadym Skibitsky, a representative of the intelligence directorate of the Ukrainian Ministry of Defense, the Russian activity indicates that “no doubt preparations for the next phase of offensive actions are underway”.
The war in Ukraine “affects the west as a whole”, but at the same time must not cause us to “forget” Africa’s security needsSo said the French Minister of the Armed Forces, Sebastien Lecornu. “We have a form of myopia in Europe and France, where the war in Ukraine is mobilizing all our energy, and that’s natural – it’s a conflict that affects the west as a whole,” Lecornu said in Ivory Coast on Saturday after visiting Niger.
“No Russian missiles or artillery can break our unit,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said. Saturday in a statement. Speaking on the anniversary of the Declaration of State Sovereignty of Ukraine, he added: “It must be equally clear that it cannot be broken with lies or intimidation, forgeries or conspiracy theories.”
All bodies identified after Vinnytsia raket missile attackthe governor of the region announced. Vinnytsia Oblast Governor Serhii Borzov said 68 people are currently in hospital, 14 of whom are in serious condition.
Rescue operations after the Russian missile attack on Vinnytsia have ended. Twenty-three people were killed, 202 were injured, one person is missing and three others have been rescued in the central-western Ukrainian city, according to the country’s state emergency service.
About 100 to 150 civilians have been killed by Russian military attacks in Ukraine in the past two weeks, according to the Pentagon. In a briefing on Friday, a senior US military official said, “I think all things considered over the course of the week … we’re looking at between 100, 150, somewhere in there, civilian casualties, civilian deaths, this week in Ukraine as a result.” of Russian attacks.”