Ronaldo confirms Manchester United comeback

The football superstar is ready to lace up his boots against Rayo Vallecano

Cristiano Ronaldo has announced that he will return to action for Manchester United by playing at home on Sunday in their upcoming friendly against La Liga outfit Rayo Vallecano.

The Portuguese veteran has tried to force a departure from Old Trafford in search of Champions League football that his current club can’t offer him, and has missed a recent preseason tour of Thailand and Australia for family reasons.

Ronaldo has also been left out of the roster of new manager Erik ten Hag who will play against one of his potential candidates on Saturday at Atletico Madrid in the Norwegian capital Oslo.

On Instagram, however, he replied by re-responding to a fan page post about missing the Atleti match in Portuguese: “Domingo o rei joga”, which can be translated to “On Sunday the king plays”.

United have also confirmed that all players not in the 21-man squad to face Diego Simeone’s men “will take part in Sunday’s game against Rayo Vallecano while others are ill or injured”.

Ronaldo’s Instagram reply is his third in recent days after popping up elsewhere on the social media network where he has 471 million followers.

Earlier this week, another fan account posted how his agent Jorge Mendes reportedly “told Manchester United that Cristiano Ronaldo is adamant about leaving, but Mendes left the negotiations not exactly positive that Ronaldo would get his move”.

“Sir Alex Ferguson has intervened. United insist that Ronaldo is not for sale,” it added.

Ronaldo appeared in the answers section and commented: “[It’s] impossible not to talk about me [for] one day. Otherwise the press won’t make any money.”

“You know if you don’t lie, you can’t get people’s attention,” he also said.

On the same day, Ronaldo got wind of a message sharing a photo of Atletico Madrid fans holding up a banner in their 4-0 friendly against Numancia that read ‘CR7 not welcome’ and responded with a quartet crying with laughter emojis. .

Other clubs that have rejected the 37-year-old are reportedly Bayern Munich, Chelsea and Paris Saint-Germain.

And while a report from The Sun claimed that Ronaldo has told United he has an offer from a team that wants him, meaning the Mancunians will have to name their asking price, appearing against Rayo is the latest indication that Ronaldo could stay on to for the rest of his career. signed a two-year contract when he switched from Juventus last summer.

Although the transfer window does not close until September 1, Manchester United will start their Premier League campaign at home to Brighton next Saturday.

(RT.com)

Leave a Comment