Move on, donuts – there’s a new tasting in town.
From October 1-7, fans of one of France’s most beloved pastries can take themselves on the first-ever Vancouver Croissant Crawl.
The DIY tour features limited edition croissant flavors and creations at nine participating vendors in the city.
“When I moved to Vancouver earlier this year, I was looking for new friends and the best local croissant,” explains Laura Wong-Thompson, creator of Crawl, in an email. “The idea for a croissant crawl was born. The Vancouver Croissant Crawl is my love letter to the city and a croissant feast that foodies can enjoy together.”
The crawl is designed to be self-contained, so you can “choose your own adventure” by creating a route for walking, cycling, driving, or however you want to get around.
Here’s the full list of participating vendors and their signature “crawl” flavors:
- Call Cafe (both locations): Churro Croissant (cinnamon and dulce de leche)
- Bakery Gifts: Mash n’ Stuffin Croissant (Filled with garlic puree, rosemary béchamel, filling frangipane, topped with more filling frangipane)
- Davie Village Bakery: Double Baked Almond Croissant (twice baked almond croissant is filled with almond cream and finished with a dusting of powdered sugar and slivered almonds) and Double Baked Pistachio Croissant (signature double baked pistachio croissant is filled with pistachio cream and topped with icing sugar and ground pistachios)
- Lumine Coffee: Apple Crumble Spice Double Baked Croissant (double baked croissant version of a spiced apple crumble, topped with caramelized honeycomb candies and vanilla buttercream)
- Nelson the seagull: Milk Tart Croissant (A buttery croissant baked in the shape of a muffin and filled with a cinnamon spiced milk tart custard. Topped with a rooibos tea glaze and a cinnamon biscuit crumble)
- Seasonal Bakery: Double Baked Kaya PomeloTerra Breads (all four locations): Pumpkin Pie Double Baked Croissant (classic butter croissant filled with a pumpkin-almond spice cream and a crumble topping)
- Trafiq Cafe & Bakery: Apricot Streusel Croissant
- Viva Cafe: Including Chocolate Pain Suisse
Limited quantities are available at each participating location and some may accept pre-orders. You can follow the Vancouver Croissant Crawl on Instagram at @vancouvercroissantcrawl for more info and for event bonuses, such as contests.