The prickly pear is one of the summer fruits that concern many people, and it is very popular for its delicious taste that is preferred by adults and children, in addition to its great nutritional value and healthy for the body, and contains some substances and properties that contribute to the lowering the level of cholesterol in the blood, in addition It contains some vitamins that the human body needs, but if the prickly pear is eaten too much and it can cause problems and damage to human health and cause serious general effects on human health , and then it should be moderated and not overdone to avoid negative effects.
Disadvantages of eating too much prickly pear
Obesity and Therapeutic Nutrition Consultant, Dr. Ahmed Sabry, explained that eating prickly pears does some harm to human health as follows:
- It causes nausea and fainting if a person eats the prickly pear too much on an empty stomach and on an empty stomach as it significantly lowers blood sugar levels.
- Inflammation, diarrhea and ulcers in the colon as a result of eating the prickly pear above the necessary limit.
- It can cause stomach bloating when overeating and overdosing is reasonable.
- A person may have a headache.
- It increases the percentage of stool in the body when eaten in excess.
- The person undergoing surgery should not eat the prickly pear because of its effect on lowering the sugar level in the blood, which can affect that process, and the doctor treating him is unable to control the sugar level. to control the blood. blood and thus a negative effect on the recovery process.
- Pregnant women should not eat the prickly pear as it contributes to the contraction of the uterine muscles.
- The prickly pear, when consumed in excess, causes an imbalance and disorder in the digestive system and then leads to a major problem such as constipation.